How to Sign up for an Azure Free Account Step By Step Guide
To set up your first virtual machine, application or use any other service on Microsoft Azure cloud, you first need to create a new Microsoft Azure account.
Signing up for a new Azure free account takes less than a few minutes and gives you access to the following:
- Free 12-month access to Azure most popular services.
- $200 credit for the first 30 days to jump-start your first projects or proof of concept.
- Always free 25+ services
- Go to https://azure.microsoft.com/free/
- Once there, click on the green “Start Free” button
3. Sign in with your Microsoft account, if you already have an account with Microsoft, for example, Office 365 or outlook.com, you’ll be prompted to log in. If you don’t already have a Microsoft account, now is a great time to create one. (skip step four if you already have Microsoft account)
- Create a Microsoft account
- Click on the “Create one!” button.
- Click on the “Get a new email address” button.
- Provide a username for your future email.
- Enter the password you would like to use with your account.
- Click on the “Create” button.
4. Once login, fill out the form and click on the “Next” button. Some of your details may already be there.
5. Follow the prompts to verify your account by phone.
6. Fill out credit card information (You won’t be charged unless you upgrade.)
7. Next – tick “I agree” and click on the “Sign Up” button.
You’re ready to start with Azure, enjoy with your trip to Microsoft Azure Cloud!
Which products are free for 12 months?
These popular products are free each month for 12 months
Which products are always free?
These products—including serverless, containers, and AI—are always free
What else do I need to know?
Do I pay anything to start with the Azure free account?
No. Starting is free, plus you get a $200 credit you can spend during the first 30 days.
What happens once I use my $200 free credit or I’m at the end of 30 days?
We’ll notify you so you can decide if you want to upgrade to pay-as-you-go pricing and remove the spending limit. If you do, you’ll have access to all the free products. If you don’t, your account and products will be disabled, and you’ll need to upgrade to resume usage.
What happens at the end of the 12 months of free products?
For 12 months after you upgrade your account, certain amounts of popular products for computing, networking, storage, and databases are free. After 12 months, any of these products you may be using will continue to run, and you’ll be billed at the standard pay-as-you-go rates.
What do I need to sign up for a free account?
All you need is a phone number, credit or debit card, and a GitHub account or Microsoft account username (formerly Windows Live ID).
Need Help? Contact Us
STEPINLOGIC | 292 262 6652
Full-service IT provider for Growing Companies in NY & NJ